If you are considering hosting or going on tour it is important to follow the correct procedures and fill in the relevant forms.
ALL Club Tours - both senior and age grade, outside of England (ie including to Wales, Scotland Ireland etc) need permission from Surrey Rugby. This is also applies to clubs hosting a touring team from outside of England.
If you’re planning a tour for children it is essential that you read the RFU's Touring with Children Guide and the RFU Safeguarding Policy.
Please note that under Regulation 15.8.4 - U13s and age groups below are not permitted to Tour out of season. There is no dispensation.
Applying for permission to tour overseas (clubs)
- Download the Outgoing Tour Application form.
- Fully complete this form. You will need to obtain approval from the host Union of the country you are visiting. For this you should get assistance from your host club, or contact the host Union directly. Details of worldwide Unions can be found on the World Rugby website
- Clubs that are affiliated to the RFU will be insured by the RFU’s Death & Catastrophic injury insurance for playing rugby while on tour, providing RFU approval has been granted and your policy is up to date. Please note that this insurance does not cover temporary injury, loss of earnings, medical and legal expenses or any other type of injury not mentioned in the policy. However, you will need to obtain travel insurance (which will cover you for any repatriation costs should a player become injured during the match and need specialist travel home) and we recommend this is obtained through England Rugby Insurance
- Once completed and signed, send your application as a pdf to Surrey Rugby firstname.lastname@example.org and we will either write to your Tour Manager confirming approval (providing it is correctly and fully completed), or forward to Twickenham for RFU approval. Please note it is important to keep a hard copy.
Applying for permission to host an incoming tour (clubs)
- Download the following incoming tour application form: Incoming Tour Application form
- Fully complete this form. You will need to obtain approval from the Union of your visiting team. The visiting team should assist you with providing this information.
- The Appendix Schedule 1 must be signed by all players and officials from the touring party who are 18 and over. This does not include parents or players who are under 18 – in this instance the coach and officials from the visiting team must sign on behalf of the players.
- Send your fully completed application as a pdf to Surrey Rugby via email@example.com and we will either write to your Club Official confirming approval (providing it is correctly and fully completed), or forward to Twickenham for RFU approval. Please note it is important to keep a hard copy.
https://www.englandrugby.com/participation/running-your-club/rugby-tours for more information