Surrey Rugby
Surrey Rugby Facebook link Surrey Rugby Twitter link Surrey Rugby Instagram link Surrey Rugby Linkedin link

What we do

Surrey Rugby is responsible for the Promotion, Development and Organisation of Rugby in the County of Surrey and the 7 London Boroughs of Croydon, Kingston, Lambeth, Merton, Richmond, Sutton and Wandsworth. There are approximately 100 clubs within this area.

The Mission of Surrey Rugby is:

To Help All Clubs in Surrey to Prosper and Thrive

To do this Surrey Rugby is organised to carry out a variety of activities. These are summarised on this page with a link to more detailed descriptions of the individual areas.

Club Development

This department is there to help Clubs with their "off the field" development. We can help find funds for Facilities improvements. There is advice on Club organisation and we have people there to liaise with Clubs to help recruit, retain and reward volunteers.

Junior Rugby

Players from 12 to Under 18 years of age engage in this area of the Game both in Clubs and at School.

read more

Mini Rugby

RyanReino bwMany Clubs in Surrey operate Mini rugby sections for participants aged Under 13.

read more

Player Development


Find out how we can provide opportunities for players and coaches to further develop.

read more


john pownall bw

Be it Discipline, Code of Conduct, Safeguarding, Tours, Insurance Surrey Rugby can help.

read more

Senior Competitions

Surrey Rugby runs a wide variety of Senior Competitions for Clubs. 

read more

Women & Girls Rugby

Vicky AlexanderWomen & Girls rugby is growing fast and many clubs in Surrey now have dedicated Women’s &/or Girls sections.

read more



tour bus 140If you are considering hosting or going on tour it is important to follow the correct procedures and fill in the relevant forms.

All Club Tours outside of England (ie including Wales, Scotland etc) need permission from the RFU via Surrey Rugby.  This is also applies to clubs hosting a touring team from outside of England.

Read more ...