Wooden Spoon - Digital Marketing Executive
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000
Contract: Permanent Hours of work: Five days a week – 9.00am to 5pm (Flexible working pattern considered for the right candidate)
Responsible for: Digital marketing Location: Hybrid – Office in Fleet Reports to: Fundraising and Comms
Lead Overview: We're looking for a creative and proactive person with a love for all things rugby and digital. Role purpose: This role is a great opportunity for somebody who is ready to hit the ground running and drive content creation and digital marketing activity for Wooden Spoon. The role is varied with the opportunity to make it your own. Your day-to-day role will involve copywriting, design, managing the social media platforms and website and developing content for email. This is a hands-on, multifaceted role, with plenty of opportunities for both training and developing your skills.
About Wooden Spoon: Wooden Spoon is the children's charity of rugby. We fund life-changing projects that support children and young people with disabilities or living in disadvantage. Since 1983, we've funded more than 1,300 projects, across the UK and Ireland, totalling over £29 million. Our focus is to help children and young people through projects such as sensory rooms, playground and outdoor activities, health and wellbeing and specialist equipment.
• Planning, creating and delivering engaging, optimised content across our digital channels, including our website, social media and email marketing.
• Owning the digital content calendar planning content for relevant awareness days, rugby tournaments, events, campaigns and fundraising initiatives.
• Creating content which is bespoke for each digital channel including regular and engaging content for news stories, interactive content such as polls and quizzes, and interviews with key stakeholders.
• Day to day management of Wooden Spoon social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube), including daily posts, responding to and sharing appropriate and engaging information. • Generating and publishing content on the Wooden Spoon website and keeping all pages relevant and up-to-date.
• Creating quality visual assets using Canva, supporting on the project management of video production and photography whilst working with outside agencies and freelancers.
• Updating regular reports across all of our digital platforms to measure and report on digital marketing activity and impact. This role profile is not exhaustive and is subject to review in conjunction with the post holder. Some out of hours working may be required.
This is the job for you if you:
Have a passion for all things digital AND rugby, you are self-motivated and ready to get stuck in.
You are creative, love developing content and can identify new opportunities to improve our digital marketing. We are looking for the following skills:
• Excellent copywriting and editing skills.
• Skills in content creation and design using Canva. InDesign and editing experience a bonus.
• Experience of website CMS tools – we currently use WordPress.
• Solid experience of managing social media channels (Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube & Instagram).
• Confident and able to deal with a wide range of stakeholders from senior management to volunteers to rugby ambassadors.
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. • Proactive with the ability to manage a diverse workload and meet deadlines.
• Share our values of passion, integrity, teamwork and fun.
What you will get in return:
• A great team to work with – we're an extension of the rugby family and all share Wooden Spoon's core values of passion, integrity, teamwork and fun.
• Flexible working together with hybrid working, with a split of two days in the office and three days at home.
• 20 days holiday with an extra three seasonal days when we close the office over the Christmas period.
• Pension 5% of basic salary – auto enrolment to NEST. • Employee Assistant Programme to support employees on a range of practical and emotional challenges in their personal life.
• Regular opportunities to attend social and sporting events.
Diversity and inclusion: Wooden Spoon is an inclusive employer. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and are looking for people from all backgrounds who support our vision and our values.
To apply: Email Juliette Gillard with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Wednesday 5 January 2022.