Old Emanuel RFC Senior Coach Role
The role will involve leading the 2nd XV, focusing on inclusive rugby and developing all players within the 2nd XV, helping to springboard aspiring players to cement a place in the 1st XV. As well as working within the wider club to develop an enjoyable playing atmosphere on and off the pitch.
Old Emanuel RFC is committed to providing the opportunity to progress and are willing to help on the coaching journey, with recent coaches completing their level 3 while at the club. We are willing to help any individual who is either considering starting on his or her coaching journey or looking to continue it.
Our belief at Old Emanuel RFC is that with enjoyment comes hard work and dedication. We train twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:30pm – 8:45pm. The ideal candidate would be able to make both sessions in the week and games on the weekends, alongside leading part of the session. Fixtures are most Saturdays between September – April.
Senior Coach Role key duties
- In conjunction with HOR & members of the playing committee, deliver and assist in all development initiatives for senior players
- Deliver OERFC sessions
- Understand and align relevant coaching methodology with HoR's tactical and technical principles.
- Build positive relationships with all players.
- Deliver (in conjunction with HOR) an inclusive player program for players who wish to transition in to 1st XV rugby at OERFC.
- Meet the needs of all players playing ability
- Deliver and attend coach development sessions as required by the HOR.
- To produce, in conjunction with the HOR, training plans tailored to progress the groups skillset
- Help to build the U21's side
- Liaise with HOR.
- Enthusiastic character, willing to encourage all players throughout their time at Old Emanuel RFC
- Approachable and willing to work with people to achieve the best result
- Able to deliver innovative sessions, adapt and develop team structures
- Willingness to motivate players with all levels of experience
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
- Level 2 or aspiring/working towards level 3
- Experience of developing teenage rugby players
- Regular attendee of England rugby CPD courses
- Excellent communication skills
- Tuesday and Thursday Evenings 7:30 – 8:45 pm & Saturdays each week.
- Dependant on experience and qualifications
- Part of a more comprehensive coaching team, who are willing to share ideas
- Use of on-site facilities including gym and CrossFit
- Great social atmosphere, both on and off the pitch
- Working alongside hard-working, open and enthusiastic players
- Coaching courses provide
- Expenses provided dependant on experience
- Coaching Kit.
If you are interested in the role, send CV to Head of Rugby at email@example.com or for more information call 07740775060