Become a coach or improve your skills and experience.
Work with a County Player development squad. There are opportunities for Senior and Junior Coaches
REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
Would YOU like to develop your coaching or management skills and experience?
We are looking for Team Coaches and Managers to register their interest in being involved in the running of one of our many County Representative Teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the County's most talented players, and a great opportunity for you to develop your skills.
We run representative team squads for boys at U15, U16, U17, U18, and development squads at U13, U14 and U15.
We run Representative teams for girls at U15 and U18, and a development squad at U13
- To coach our representative teams you will need a Level 2 coaching qualification and have at least 2 years coaching experience at that level.
- To coach our development squads you will need a level 1 coaching qualification.
- For any coaching role, you will also need, or have applied for, a coach licence, and you MUST have a current DBS (formerly CRB) check issued by the RFU.
- We are particularly interested to hear from female coaches and those who wish to be considered for Team Managers.
To register your interest complete the on-line Application Form.
Please note that these applications will not be considered for the Senior Men, Senior Women and Under 20 Squad.
This applies to all applicants whether or not you have previously been a Surrey Rugby coach. Please do not take it for granted that because you coached last year that you will automatically be selected this year. The selection will be on merit.
All aspects of the form must be completed, including your coaching qualifications, CPD's and experience. Any forms which have not been completed will be discarded.
The set up for this season will be:
- Each representative team will have a Lead Coach and an Assistant Lead Coach. There will also be a pool of coaches to assist all the age groups therefore you will get experience of working with all of the age groups.
- This will also apply to the development squads and girls teams as well.
- I look forward to receiving your applications.